This is relatively boring but quite important, so please read it if you have concerns about how we are using your personal information. This policy was updated on 01 February 2020 to ensure compliance with GDPR requirements and will be reviewed annually.
1. Who are Drone Training Ltd?
Drone Training Ltd is a limited company, registered in the UK. Global Drone Training, “dronetraining.co.uk”, “The “Aerial Academy” and “School of Drones” are trading styles of Drone Training Ltd. The controller for the personal data involved when you use the School of Drones, communicate with us or visit our website is: Drone Training Ltd, 2 Oldfield Road, Bocam Park, Bridgend, Bridgend County Borough, United Kingdom, CF35 5LJ.
2. What personal data do we collect?
We may collect personal data when you visit us, use our website, make an enquiry, meet us at an exhibition, or communicate with us. This could include:
- Information provided when you communicate with us by phone, email, webform or in person, including records of your contact, your email address or other contact information, and other information about the reasons for the communication.
- Business information that tells us more about you from public sources like LinkedIn or Twitter.
- Marketing preferences, such as whether you have agreed to receive marketing information or newsletters about our services or whether you have opted out, and the types of services that may interest you.
Clients of Drone Training Ltd
- During a course purchase we will request contact and other identification information. We may keep this on record to facilitate future communications. As we take our own privacy very seriously, please be assured that we will take great care with information supplied and will not pass it on to third parties unless it is necessary to facilitate our work. If we do share information with third parties we will obtain your consent first.
- We may also request financial information, credit card details or bank details. This will be retained for a time appropriate to the original purpose.
- The Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) requires us to keep all certification records, including for a minimum of 5 years and can request copies for auditing purposes.
Opting Out: You can set your browser to not accept cookies, but this may limit your ability to use the Services.
We use Google Analytics to work out the demographics of our visitors and the success of marketing campaigns. As a result the website may store some information that allows this to happen. If you do not agree to this information being stored, please do not access our website. Please view this Cookies and Google Analytics on Websites page for more details.
We will do our best to ensure that the content of emails received remains private. Any emails sent are meant to be received by the named recipient and, if you receive an incorrect email as a result of an error by us, please securely delete it and inform us of our error.
5. Where do we store personal data?
Drone Training Ltd uses a number of software systems to store and manage personal data. We have carried out checks to ensure that such systems comply with UK and European data protection regulations. Our systems include:
- Copper (GDPR statement)
- Jotform (GDPR statement)
- Google Workspace (GDPR statement)
- Zapier (GDPR statement)
6. How do we use personal data?
Using personal data to provide our services
We use personal data where it is necessary to provide the services you request.
- We use personal data to communicate with you, like sending quote confirmations, discussing your requirements, providing customer support and invoicing.
Using personal data to for legitimate interest
We use personal data where it is necessary to inform you of information you requested or require.
- We use personal data to communicate with you, like sending training course details.
Using personal data where required by law.
We use personal data to comply with the requirements of law and as required in other exceptional circumstances.
- Under exceptional circumstances, we may be required by law to provide personal data to law enforcement agencies.
7. How long do we keep personal data?
We will retain your data for a period of seven years from last contact, as required by law.
8. How is personal data shared?
Your personal information may be shared with and processed by third parties only in the below circumstances.
- Your information may be disclosed when we believe in good faith that the disclosure is:
- required by law;
- to protect the safety of our employees, the public or Drone Training Ltd’s property;
- required to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process; or
- for the prevention or detection of crime (including fraud).
- Some parts of the training process may involve sharing your data with third parties such as equipment suppliers and the Civil Aviation Authority. If we do this we will always ensure that you are aware of the information we are sharing and the purpose it is shared for.
- We do not sell any personal data to anyone.
- It is very unusual for data to be shared internationally. If this is required to facilitate your requirements, we will ensure that you are fully informed.
9. Your rights and choices.
You have the following rights in accordance with your Personal Data and all such requests should be made to in writing to Drone Training Ltd:
- Your right to be informed
- Your right to access
- Your right to rectification
- Your right to erasure
- Your right to be forgotten
- Your right for data portability
- Your right to object
10. We’re only human
Please accept that the crew at Drone Training Ltd are human and sometimes make mistakes. We try not to, but occasionally it does happen. If we make a mistake please let us know as soon as possible so we can do our best to rectify it.